Mississippi State University, Meridian, MS
The Newberry Building is a Mississippi Landmark structure originally built in 1892. Funded by the Riley Center, in conjunction with the MSU Foundation, the 30,000 square foot renovation now houses the Mississippi State University Meridian School of Business, which includes six classrooms, study rooms, a computer lab, faculty offices, and two conference rooms.
The original wood structure was replaced with a steel structure that mimics the original layout with a central line of columns. The exterior brick and stone façade was restored with the exception of the ground floor, which received a new storefront design that complements the adjacent storefronts. Exterior windows, the interior skylight, and interior wood detailing were replicated or mimic historical details from the time period. The building received new HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems, an elevator, fire stairs, and finishes throughout. The Newberry Building has access to the MSU Riley Center and the MSU Kress Building through interior connections.